The DPY offers a first class quality program which develops basic skills and widens professional background, by enforcing positive trends and attitudes that help achieve distinguished academic performance. The prep-year study plan includes the following courses:
- English language skills (Eng101 - Egs102)
- Computer Essentials (Cop 101)
- Communication Skills (Com 101)
- Fundamentals of Mathematics (Mat 101)
- Academic Skills (Acs 101)
The study method is based on blended e-learning. It requires a rate of 25% for class attendance, and the remaining 75% of the grades are allotted for attending virtual classes and educational forums and continual following of digital instructional content.
The main tasks of DPY include:
- To Prepare students to continue their studies in different academic tracks, and pass prep-year program achieving a high GPA.
- To develop students' basic skills in English, computer and thinking.
- To widen educational background vital for reinforcing knowledge economy, which is founded on the acquisition, generation and spread of knowledge.
- To reinforce a positive attitude towards learning, particularly self-teaching and self-management.
- To cultivate e-learning environment habit-formation.
- To encourage creativity and self-development.