- Study system at university based on that student is an active researcher for knowledge and its acquisition. This requires a new vision of learner roles in higher education based on responsibility, self-leadership and learning to achieve academic progress and successes. Therefore, the student bears full responsibility to pass courses based on University Learning Approach .University offers modern education depending on the technology utilization in teaching and learning processes. In addition, the role for faculty member is only to guide and motivate the educational process in order to ensure the learning achievement.
- The university follows blended-learning approach, this system requires to attend direct lectures by 25% according to the academic schedule and the remaining 75% is distributed to attend virtual classrooms. educational forums, and permanent follow-up of the digital education contents.
- Adhere to attend at least virtual 12 hours per week in English Language Course through EF system which includes interactive activities and virtual classrooms.
- Adhere to pay the tuition fees (SR 130) for per credit unit.
Passing Common Semester:
The Common Semester for Faculty of Science and theoretical studies (Law - Electronic Media) commence in the second semester each year .To pass the Common Semester, it requires the following:
- Passing three required courses (English language, Computer, Academic Skills).
- Passing English language course, student must acquire a minimum STEP score (50) as well as total course grade (23) of STEP grading system or an equivalent grade in IELTS. If the student does not achieve the required degree, he will not be allowed to enroll to any faculty disciplines.
- To pass the rest of the Common Semester courses (Computer, Academic Skills), it must be acquired the minimum of total course grade 60%.
- Student cannot register in any faculty courses until passing the English course.
- The English course score will not be counted in the GPA and it is considered as a failure or success course. The rest of courses will be counted in GPA.
- In case of failure to pass all three courses in the Common Semester, the student will be suspended from the university. The student will be given the chance to reapply as a new applicant after two academic semester following the suspension.
- In case of failure to pass two courses or less in the Common Semester, the student will be given the opportunity to repeat the courses through virtual classrooms ,educational forums and interaction with other electronic systems without direct attendance.
- In case of failure in English course in the Common Semester, he will be given the opportunity to repeat it in the summer course, and he will be given a final chance in the first semester of the following year through virtual classrooms, educational forums and interact with other electronic systems without direct attendance.
- Students, who failed in the English course, require to register English Language course in summer semester and pay fees of (8) credit hours instead of 16 credit hours. All other course will be paid as normal charges. Kindly, note that the tuition fees for the summer semester reduced by 50% to become 65 Riyals per unit of study instead of 130 SAR.
Note that Academic schedules and procedures are indicated in the academic calendar.