The institute seeks to achieve the following goals:
- Establishing strong ties between the university and different community units, through academic services, and its research and training experiences.
- Achieving optimal and efficient use of the Institute's human, scientific and technical resources by working according to quality standards and its requirement.
- Conducting studies (theoretical and practical), providing consultancy services, and specialized work for public and private sectors in various field of university's interest.
- Marketing the Institute's services to the public and private sectors, to meet the sectors' needs, and to develop the University's financial and moral resources.
- Implementing researches, and theoretical and applied studies in various fields of University's interests.
- Holding conferences and specialized seminars, as well presenting lectures and scientific and cultural dialogues.
- Publishing books, scientific magazines and educational brochures.
- Providing scientific and technical consultancy services based on researches and studies.
- Preparing, qualifying and training national cadres and developing their scientific and functional skills.