The College of Computing and Informatics at the Saudi Electronic University offers a master's program in cybersecurity, which aims to provide students with advanced knowledge necessary to excel in the contemporary highly competitive technology industry. The program focuses on the security of the institution’s cyberspace. The program equips students with the knowledge, skills and capacity to prevent and protect enterprise data from the threat of various forms of digital crime. The courses also focus on critical analysis skills, technical skills and extensive use of virtual laboratories via the Internet. This program is designed for students wishing to pursue their careers as specialists in information technology with the aim of protecting the information of their institutions from any external penetration by integrating theories with practical application. To know the basics of information systems and know how to manage information technology within the framework of the fundamentals of cybercrime. The program covers the field of security and legal aspects that affect information security in cyberspace.
The Importance and Reasons for Creating the Program
Keeping pace with the needs of the labor market and the Kingdom's 2030 vision.
The need for qualified professionals with the necessary knowledge and skills in the field of cybersecurity.
The need for qualified specialists in the field of combating electronic information crimes.
The need for specialists in assessing and analyzing local and international breaches that may occur to information systems.
The need for specialists with the ability to know the various vulnerabilities of computer networks and the methods used to penetrate network security and provide comprehensive solutions to reduce these breaches.
The program aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills necessary to have the ability to:
- Differentiate between various IT security models, their architecture, and the risks associated with transferring, processing, and storing information.
- Identify various weak points of the networks and the methods used to penetrate the security of computer networks and to provide comprehensive solutions to reduce these breaches.
- Demonstrate knowledge and explain the ethical and legal issues surrounding information security, which include information privacy and legitimacy.
- Evaluate and analyze the local and international breaches that may occur to the information systems.
- Develop solutions to protect computer networks and information from threats and intrusions on both internal and external scales.
Duration of Study in the Program
4 semesters, 36 credit hours (12 courses).
Career Opportunities for Graduates of the Program
Information Security Analyst/administrator.
Cyber Security Manager/director.
Cyber Security Analyst/administrator.
Information Security Manager/director.
Information Technology Manager/director.
Network Security Manager/director.
Network Security Analyst/administrator.
Educational and Academic field occupations in General and Higher Education Institutions.
- The Master of Cyber Security program contains 12 courses, three credit hours each, distributed over four semesters.
- The program is only offered in English.
|Coding|| Course Name||Credit Hours||Prerequisite|
|CS501||Research Methods in Computational Studies||3|
|CS507||Introduction to Cyber Security and Digital Crime||3|
|CS564||Cyber Defense in Web Based Attacks||3/lab||CS507|
|CS566||Securing Enterprise Infrastructure using Cyber Security Techniques||3/lab||CS507|
|CS663||Digital Forensics and Investigations||3/lab||CS507|
|CS613||Security Threats and Countermeasures in Complex Organizational Networks||3/lab||CS507|
|CS642||Innovative Solutions in Software Security||3/lab||CS507, CS564|
|CS645||Information Security Management, Legal and Ethical Issues||3||CS507|
|CS666||Advanced Principles of Cyber Security||3/lab||CS507, CS564|
|CS683||Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing||3/lab||CS564|
|CS698||Capstone Project in Cyber Security||3||Department Approval|
To view the study plan files
Master in Cyber Security plan Click Here